Monday, May 19, 2014

강원도의 사진을 찍고 있슴니다

Title: Taking pictures of Gangwon-do.  These are some unprompted photos along the way, by phone.  We haven't been on any major trips lately, but we have had some plans flop. 

School is going well, I am studying Korean more.  Also, I'm in the process of writing two full length essays on misconceptions of Korean culture, as well as Teaching English.  Those will be out soon.

In the mean, here is a little something pretty to keep my updates steady flowing.

삼부연 폭포
Sambuyeon Waterfalls- it means "Three Woks" You can see the three bowl-shaped levels.  We went here this weekend.  It was delightful.  I showed my coworker the picture and she said it is a very good representation of Korea.
 
 

Overgrown backyard right outside my apartment
 

This is the DMZ.  I had the pleasure of joining my coworkers here for a short tour.  It was completely eye-opening, I will devote a post to this soon.  Those mountains on the right are North Korea.  Pretty fascinating, also creepy, but overall very sad.
 

Trail behind my house.  I went on a solo hike a few weekends ago.  I had no idea where I was going but when I turned around I realized how high up the trail had gotten.
 

This is 도피안사 (Dopiansa) which is a temple right down the road from my place.  This panorama is an update, a fully vegetated version of a photo you can find atop an earlier post.
 

고석정 a lovely river valley just a few kilometers away from my town.  Very touristy.
 

 
The stunning coastal city of Yang-Yang.  It is basically a village on the ocean.  This was my favorite road in Korea.  You can also find a previous post on Naksan-sa temple, which is in this city.
 

 
The eastern coast of Korea is one of the first places in the world to have the sunrise.  So Claire and I decided to wake up early and watch it from the cheap hotel.  It was very worth the 5 minutes of sleep interruption.





No comments:

Post a Comment